Making Diet Cream Soda

BrewJen

I have a recipe for cream soda (I could have sworn I got it here but can't find it now). I think I'm going to try making it this weekend as it looks pretty simple. I guess I'll put in some Splenda instead of sugar though.

Please share this cream soda recipe with us BrewJen. I'd love to know how to make it. I'm not a big soft drink person, but occasionally I like a cream soda. Does your recipe make lots or can it be made on a demand basis?

BrewJen

Here it is. I've never made it before so I don't know for sure how much it makes, but since it requires one quart of soda water, I figure it is somewhere around there. If I'm re-posting a recipe someone else already put on here, I apologize.

Vanilla Bean Cream Soda
Keep things cool with a simple, homemade version of this soda shoppe classic. Thick with the flavor of fresh vanilla, served chilled in a tall glass, this homemade cream soda is a delightfully easy summer treat.
2 cups sugar
1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp of almond extract
1 quart soda water, chilled
Combine 1 cup of water with the sugar in a medium saucepan. Scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean and add . Boil over medium-high heat, until the sugar dissolves. Let syrup cool before stirring in the vanilla extract. In a large pitcher or bowl, combine with soda water, stirring gently to combine.
*For an extra-cool party effect: Serve in a large punch bowl with dry ice.
*Cherry-Cream Soda: Add 1 packet of cherry kool-aid and 1/2 tsp. almond extract for a beautiful, bright red soda.

clarkdart

I am not positive about vanilla but if it is cream soda and it can be diet my mother-in-law just might flip over it. She only drinks diet and keeps a 12 pack in her car for when she visits people (us) who never drink the same.

Lars

Someone gave me an old-fashioned paper crate filled with bottles of the stuff for Christmas. I couldn't believe they still made this, and it reminded me of what we had when I was a kid. I'd love to figure out how to make it. Thank you for sharing the recipe you have!

Maverick

I've always loved cream soda's. That and soft serve ice cream............there's no better combination on a hot, summer day. Thanks for sharing the recipe.