My tomato plant flowered!

Well after getting the surprise tomato plant a few weeks ago, I am equally surprised that it has survived long enough to flower. I might actually have tomatoes in the next few weeks! I am so excited.

corked

Usually you will see the tomato appear within a week or so, but of course, it will be very tiny. The type of tomato it is will set how long it will take until the tomatoes are ready, though. Some varieties can be ready in only 2-3 weeks, while others can take 6-8 weeks. Roma are the longest, I think.

I can imagine why you are excited! Soon you will be able to experience the pride and freedom of making your own fried tomatoes, sauces, and chili. :)

Usually you will see the tomato appear within a week or so, but of course, it will be very tiny. The type of tomato it is will set how long it will take until the tomatoes are ready, though. Some varieties can be ready in only 2-3 weeks, while others can take 6-8 weeks. Roma are the longest, I think.
These are beefsteak tomatoes (I assume since that is what was planted the last few years). They generally are ready within 2-3 weeks of flowering. Spiced, I am not a fan of fried tomatoes, but the other things are delicious. I am just excited to have homegrown salsa.

melli

I hope you get tomatoes too. Our voluntary plant is a grape tomato plant. It is loaded with tomatoes but they are all green. All if our tomatoes are still green. We need a couple of really hot sunny days.