Need a new coffee maker...again

brewgal

My coffee maker is on it's last legs. This one is less than a year old! I guess they just don't make anything to last anymore. What is your brand of coffee maker and has it lasted longer than a year?

TryAnything

I haven't had a coffee maker last more than a year in a long time. I've been trying to talk hubby into getting me a Keurig, but he says it's too expensive for as quick as I go through coffee makers.

We have a Mr. Coffee ( a higher end one, not the cheapy) and we have had it for almost a decade! My aunt has had her Bunn almost as long. What are you two doing to your coffee makers that they only last a year? Do you clean them regularly?

TryAnything

The first two I went through was because of not cleaning. I think the other ones is just the simple fact that we buy the cheap ones in case I do burn them up. The one I have now has lasted the longest, going on 6 months I think. It's a Procto Silex and I have been cleaning it about every 6 weeks.

brewgal

I don't think that I am doing anything to them they just don't last very long anymore. I have a Keurig but we drink too much coffee to use K-cups all of the time. My last coffee maker was a $50 Mr. Coffee so I had high hopes for it, but I won't pay that much again!