Orange Pecan Coconut Balls

Jude

For some reason this recipe popped into my head this morning as I was reading about all the other candies here. I made these for Christmas years ago and they are wonderful. I may have to make some this week.

• 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers, crushed
  • 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 3/4 cup flaked coconut
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
  • 1/2 cup orange juice concentrate
  • Additional confectioners' sugar
Directions

• In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Roll into 1-in. balls, then roll in confectioners' sugar. Store in the refrigerator. Roll in additional confectioners' sugar before serving. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts 1 serving (2 each) equals 98 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.

Maverick

I'm going to see if my aunt knows about this one. She used to make a lot of candies years ago, so she just might. Orange and coconut sounds like they would taste really good together.

melli

This sounds so yum! I love making candy and I always am game to try new ones. I'm not sure if the kids will like it though. They really are not fans of oranges but I love them. I also love coconut. I'm not sure how the two will taste together though.

Jude

Trust me melli when I tell you they are wonderful. The coconut and orange flavors together make you think "tropical island." They are very refreshing. I am still trying to find a wine to compliment the flavor though. It would have to be something quite mild and not overpowering.

This is truly a mouth watering recipe! I don't typically make candies, but I may try my hand with this recipe. I may try adding a little rum to experiment, though.

Oh my goodness, these sound absolutely amazing! I might have to add these to the baking list for Christmas this year. I love to give new things every year. Thanks for sharing this.

TryAnything

I don't usually make candies, but these sound really good, and don't seem like they would take forever to do. My mom makes Divinity every Christmas and it is just so time consuming. I just might have to give these a try this year for Christmas.