Paul's Famous Beer Cheese!

This is Brew Plus, it would not be nice of me if I didn't share our famous Beer Cheese recipe with everyone!!

This is flavored like the famous Liptauer cheese of middle Europe. The true Liptauer was made of a soft Hungarian pot cheese, and herbs and seasonings were used as a garnish rather than mixed into the cheese.

Ingredients:
4 ounces cream cheese
1 cup cottage cheese
3 green onions, finely chopped
Generous pinch of caraway seeds
1/4 teaspoon anchovy paste (OPTIONAL)
1 teaspoon capers
1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
1 teaspoon prepared French mustard
1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon flat beer (YOUR CHOICE)

Place all the ingredients in a bowl. Mash and mix until well blended and smooth. Pack well in a jar or bowl. Cover and ripen in the refrigerator for 2 days before serving.

Serve with thin slices of black or dark rye bread, unsalted butter and glasses of nice cold home brew!

Makes 4 generous servings as a snack, 8 or more appetizer servings.

BrewJen

That sounds mouthwatering! Thanks so much for sharing. I think we'll get the ingredients and make it this weekend. Do you like it better with or without the anchovy paste?

Snyder

This sounds delicious! How did you come up with it, exactly? Does it have a distinct, alcoholic taste or no? I bet it would really wow people at parties in lieu of traditional cheese and cracker offerings!

That sounds mouthwatering! Thanks so much for sharing. I think we'll get the ingredients and make it this weekend. Do you like it better with or without the anchovy paste?
My husband likes with and I like without..go figure...let me know how you like it!

dashboardc33

This sounds really good. It is definitely a recipe that I will have to try out sometime. It sounds like a great little snack or appetizing to serve at any type of get together with some crackers and wine.

Old family recipe, and no it really does not have a distinct alcohol taste. Give it a try, I think you will really like it a lot! All your guest's will be wowed......!!

Thank you for sharing this! I will have to try this out because the beer itself makes a cheese! I love making beer bread myself, never thought about beer cheese before.