Peanut Butter Balls

RobertMcC

Use a small jars of peanut butter, a stick of melted butter and couple of bags of confectioner's sugar. Put peanut butter in a large mixing bowl, add stick of melted butter until combined. Use enough confectioner's sugar to make a mixture that will hold together when rolled into a ball. Don't use too little because it will be greasy and won't hold the chocolate coating. Roll peanut butter mixture into balls about the size of a quarter. In the meantime melt Hershey bars in a double boiler. Make sure the chocolate doesn't get too hot or it will seize up. Dip peanut butter balls into the chocolate and cover them with the chocolate. I use a fork because it will allow the excess chocolate to fall back in the pot. Place the chocolate covered peanut butter balls on wax paper or parchment paper. Chill in the refrigerator until solid. Pack in a covered container and they will last indefinitely. These make a good Christmas present for those who don't make candy.

I love peanut butter balls but I have never been able to get them to come out right. My friend makes them so well though that I am lucky that I don't have to. I always have a problem getting the peanut butter balls to stay on the fork when I am dipping.

RobertMcC

Try to find a "wand" that you can dip the peanut butter balls in. Any place that sells Wilton products should have one. It looks like the wand you use to dip eggs in dye at Easter time only smaller.

Cornelia

I've never tried to make these before. This sounds like a great recipe to try and think that I will. :) I've always loved anything made with peanut butter.

melli

I will be honest and say that I love to eat peanut butter balls but I hate to make them. They are such a pain! Messy, sticky and just a pain. Good luck though to all that want to make them.

Georgie

I'm a great fan of peanut butter but it has to be the crunchy kind and I like to eat it with a spoon, rather than spread on bread. These, however sound a bit to sweet and sickly for my taste, though my daughter would love them.

Tess

A woman I use to work with made some like that, but she added in rum to them. They were peanut butter and chocolate, but they had a "kick" to them.

GardenGal

If I was marooned on an island and could only pick one thing to eat – it would be peanut butter. This recipe looks messy but delicious.