Pepper-Peach Salsa

Carrissa

My mom, a while back, recieved a bunch of peaches from her neighbor. She had so many, she froze a bunch of them, so they did not go bad. We were scanning her recipe books, trying to find new peach recipes, when I came across this salsa recipe. I have not tried it out yet, but I thought I would share it.

Makes 1 1/2 C

1 1/2 C diced fresh peaches
1/2 C peach jam
1 tsp lime zest
2 tsp fresh lime juice
1/2 tsp dried crushed red pepper

1. Stir all the ingredients together, in a small saucepan.
2. Cook on medium heat, stirring often for 2-3 minutes, until thoroughly heated.

ColdOneJo

It certainly sounds de-lish to me! If you try it before anyone else, let us know how it turned out. It sounds very easy so I'll give it a whirl. Nice recipe!

Dolce

It sounds like a good combination of flavors - sweetness of peach and the tanginess of red pepper. Peach is one of my favorite fruits, so I might try this one... And ColdOneJo is right. The recipe seems so easy to prepare.

MssSally

I have never heard of this type of sauce before but it does sound like it would be good. Or, at least worth a try since it doesn't look to hard to make. I like the combination of flavors.

Selena

Well I've never heard of it before either but it does sound appetizing. :) I'll have to copy the the recipe and give it a try to see how the rest of the family likes it. Thanks for sharing.