Peppermint Bark

Could someone tell me how to make peppermint bark? My family loves it and so far this season, we can't find it. It doesn't look all that hard to make but I'm not sure. Have you made any? Is it hard? Do let me know.

melli

We use white baking chips and melt them. Take candy canes and crush them up. Add these to the melted chocolate and spead on wax paper. We then drizzle chocolate over the top to make them pretty. Let it harden and break it up.

BrewJen

I think you can also just add crushed up candy canes to almond bark if you prefer that to white baking chips. I'm pretty sure that's what my husband did when he made peppermint bark last year.

That sounds simple enough. Thanks so much for the instructions. I really thought that it was simple but was unsure. My family loves it and I like to give it away in fancy containers every year. Sounds like my weekend is getting full.

RobertMcC

It's very easy to make, as Melli has said, it's also much better since it is fresh. I didn't know how much better it was until I made it one year. I love to make peppermint bark pretzels too. You melt white almond bark, dip the pretzel in that and then sprinkle on crushed peppermint canes. Then drizzle on stripes of melted white or dark chocolate over that to decorate. They are very, very good.

Jilly

I've never tried any of these and they all sound good. We love chocolate and peppermint both. The almond bark sounds really good too. I'm going to make a list and try some of these this week. :)

melli

The pretzels sounds delicious! Last year we just made chocolate covered pretzels and then drizzled white chocolate on them. I am so going to add peppermint candy canes. I bet that is amazing.