Pool Ball Wine Stoppers

Heidi

I came across these pool ball wine stoppers today, and I think they are pretty cool. I also found some stoppers, that were beautiful vintage door handles. Do you use anything special as a wine stopper? Do these specialty stoppers work well?

New2Brew

Those look very cool! I have yet to brew my own wine, but would definitely like to pick up some specialty stoppers if they work just as well. I didn't even think you could get ones like that.

Adeline

Those are so cool, and would make a nice gift for any wine maker. I was also, not aware that you could buy specialty stoppers. I might go search for some now.

clarkdart

As long as the cork is properly attached it should be fine. I wonder who the first person was that ended up not using enough glue and then had a bottle of wine they could not get to.

ColdOneJo

As long as the cork is properly attached it should be fine. I wonder who the first person was that ended up not using enough glue and then had a bottle of wine they could not get to.
LOL, yeah I hope they are made with some mighty strong glue! These are cool though. I've been looking for some with different countries flags. Oh...the possibilities!

shortiedrinker

I can honestly say that I have never met someone who is big into playing table pool and also drank wine. Maybe they are a rare species? I still think they look cool and I would use them, if I drank much wine.

Cait

Those are awesome! I love them so much. That would be a great addition to my wine collection down in my basement when I get my pub signs and pool table in there. OK well that's a dream a bit far off. Great find though.

chris

We have a couple of different types of stoppers for open wine. One is blown glass and another is made out of pewter. Both of these basically sit in the opening. This year I bought the type of stopper where the top expands when you flip the lid, so there is a better seal.

I have a collection of wine stoppers that are tropical birds. They look so cool sitting in a bowl on the home bar or atop a freshly opened bottle of wine. Friends now will bring me a new one to add to my collection every now and then.