Post Christmas deals

brewgal

Have any of you been shopping for any deals now that Christmas has passed? I have not been out to do any shopping so far. I may go out and do a little tomorrow though.

oldieg

I went out and came back with nothing. I don't really need anything for next year (Christmas cards or wrapping paper). I think I might try to go find a new coat though. I see a lot of stores have great sales on clothing.

Allhops

No, I have not been out yet. I have been checking the Old Navy and Banana Republic websites for deals but I'm sorely disappointed. I got all these gift cards I want to use but the discounts aren't really there. I might have to drag my butt down to the outlet stores!

melli

I have seen a lot of sales and not just on Christmas items. Those are pretty picked over! I picked up some steals at Kohl's and used gift cards. I gave my daughter a lot of gift cards this year. She has been cashing in on deals too.

BrewJen

I always want to take advantage of post-Christmas sales, but we are inevitably broke that week, so it hasn't happened yet. Even before Christmas, I noticed the holiday items were running very low, so I'm not sure how much I would have been able to find anyway.

oldieg

I popped into Walmart yesterday for a couple of things and I was surprised to see that they still had some Christmas items out. They were all 75% off. I was tempted but I walked away. I just don't need it.

clarkdart

We have picked up a few things but mostly they have all been ordered online. We tried to head out for local deals but there was just no comparison. Either local places did not have the item in stock or we needed two and they only had one.

I have not done any shopping yet, but I saw that Dollar General still had quite a bit of Christmas items in the store. They had them marked down to 70% off. I got paid today, so I think I will pop in there to stock up on cookie trays and wrapping stuff tomorrow. They had cookie trays as low as 30 cents!

StevenJ

I just came across some really nice Christmas boxes for wrapping. They are the really thick ones that are decorated on the outside so that there is no need for wrapping. I like that, because I am not that great at wrapping.

StevenJ

The deals are still coming! I went into the local Dollar General and they had marked down the remaining Christmas merchandise down to a quarter! I got several decorations for around the house! What a deal.