Pumpkin Beers

BrewJen

Pumpkin beers are certainly popular this time of year. Have you ever made a batch of pumpkin beer? I haven't tried it yet. I don't even know if it's better to make the pumpkin beer now while pumpkins are actually in season or try to time it so the pumpkin beer is ready to drink now.

wild

I've never found one that tripped my trigger so I've never tried to brew one. The tastiest so far was a homebrew using allspice rather than mashing a pumpkin. Still not what thrills me.

Bailey

Blue Moon has a Pumpkin Beer that I tried last weekend. It's not bad but not my favorite either. Of course I drank it with spaghetti. Probably not a good idea.

HelenWheels

I tried some of the Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ale last year. It was okay, but not something I would want to have more than one bottle of once a year.

With spaghetti? Ohhhh. :confused:

corked

I've never made it and don't plan on it. I tried a Sam Adams pumpkin ale the other day with a buddy and man, that thing was just pure nastiness. I like pumpkin, but it just doesn't go with beer. Huh! Never thought I'd find anything that didn't go with beer!

Not a big fan of fruit ... or... veggies in a beer. Pumpkin beer is mostly seasonal, and nothing but spices ... but to each his own ...