Pumpkin spice coffee

Yesterday, I had my first pumpkin spice latte. I'd heard nothing but wonderful things about it, and despite my reservations, I figured I'd give it a try. All that hype had to mean something, right?

Turns out it was not for me. I think I'll be sticking to my usual peppermint mocha instead.

How about you guys? Have you tried this before? What did you think?

BrewJen

I'm not a coffee drinker in general, but even I like pumpkin spice lattes. ;) Maybe they are too sweet for you. Peppermint is a refreshing taste but wouldn't add as much sweetness.

Allhops

Lady Earl Grey, I couldn't agree with you more! As an avid coffee drinker, and someone who used to work at coffee shops, I know how they are made, and they don't impress me much! I like using syrups because as I said before I hate flavored coffee.

But, the syrup for the pumpkin spice latte, is just horrid in my view. Peppermint Mochas are the best and my favorite too!

Bailey

I'm here to defend the pumpkin spice latte. I love it! All those spices in a warm milk/coffee mixture just reek of fall and Thanksgiving. Starbucks is my friend this time of year. :)

TryAnything

I wait for this time of year just for the pumpkin spice coffees. They are number 1 on my top 10 favorite coffees. I haven't tried the one from McDonald's yet, I usually stick to Starbucks.

DIY-Mom

I was not even aware that pumpkin spice latte existed! Can coffee with a vegetable flavor truly taste delicious? We do not have a Starbucks around but McDonald's franchises should all offer the same food and drinks. I will visit McDonald's and do a trial 'pumpkin spice latte taste' run despite reservations. :)

BrewJen

DIY-Mom, pumpkins are technically a fruit, and a sweet one at that. I don't know how much actual pumpkin there is in the pumpkin spice latte, but it's a popular flavor for a reason. Now I even see pumpkin spice creamers in the grocery store.

DIY-Mom

I do not think the people here in South Africa (including myself) are very familiar with pumpkin spice coffee. Also, I cannot recall that I ever saw pumpkin spice creamers in any grocery store. I love pumpkin - warm, cooked and spiced on my plate, but I must admit, this thread made me curious to taste it in coffee.

Thank for the information, BrewJen. I think the same goes for tomatoes, being technically a fruit?

I am not a fan of pumpkin flavored stuff. My sister loves the pumpkin spice latte though. I prefer peppermint mocha or gingerbread latte myself.