Runny jelly

melli

I bought some jelly at my family reunion yesterday. When I opened it up it was really runny. Something went wrong when they were making it. Is there anyway I can fix it now? It is blackberry jelly!

BrewJen

I didn't think you could fix runny jelly but apparently I was wrong. I did a quick search and found a link for you on fixing jellies and jams.

We never fixed it when they came out a little runny. We would just use them as "flavored" syrups for pancakes, french toast and waffles. I didn't think you could fix them either. Thanks for sharing the link Brewjen.

BrewJen

Stephanie, flavored syrup is a good use for runny jelly too! Even though we all now know how to fix the runny jelly, I still would probably save a jar or two for syrup.

corked

I never realized that you could fix runny jelly, so that's good to know, although I doubt I'll ever do it. To me, it's a lot easier to just use the jelly in other ways (in smoothies, over ice cream, etc.) than it is to do all the work. If I ever make a batch that fails to set properly, though, I'll have the solution on hand now.