Serving

rayne

I haven't seen serving addressed on this forum and wondered if you like the same kind of mugs I do?
We have the ones with the liquid in them so that when you put them in the freezer and then pour a beer in after they have frozen, the beer stays super cold and is wonderful.

clarkdart

I need to replace the mugs I had, just the words "bad ex" and "bad breakup" should explain it all. I never even knew the mugs could break until she threw all of them me and hit the fireplace in the living room.

Thirsty Mama

Bummer clarkdart. She must have really been P. O'd at you. We bought some on ebay like rayne is talking about. They work great and they are plastic.

Heidi

When I was younger, I worked at this place that served pizza and beer. The restaurant had these thick, glass mugs that were kept in a deep freeze. When someone ordered beer from the tap, you grabbed one of the frozen mugs. When the restaurant closed, the owner gave me a bunch of the mugs. I still have the mugs in my freezer. There is nothing like drinking beer from a frosted mug!

Carrissa

I have the liquid filled mugs, you keep in the freezer. Also I ordered some heavy duty glass mugs, I think like the ones Heidi described, from the internet. One can never have too many mugs for serving beer! Does anyone have any speciality mugs, like boot shaped, that work well for serving a cold brew?

wild

I have maybe 8 or nine different types of serving vessels for my beer. I even have put a few of the shakers in the freezer for the BMC'ers.

Other shakers, I keep on the kegerator door for those that are transitioning.

The best of my glassware is brought out and displayed at room temp for the beer club members.

clarkdart

I really want to start collecting mugs again, we had a mover set that ended up breaking all of our kitchen mugs and the flames in my head shot through the roof on that one. We never ended up replacing them either so now I am guessing its about time.

beckyv1265

I love it served in frozen mugs. The colder the better for me. I sometimes even stick the beer in the freezer for a llittle while before I drink it. I just have to remeber to set the timer so I don't forget it and up with frozen beer. lol

Georgie

I can't stand drinking from plastic, it has to be glass. I just love the beer glasses they have in Belgium. Have you seen them? They have a different one for each beer, with the name of the beer written on the glass, and they are all a different shape. I own a few of these that I like to use.

porker

My other half would never drink beer from the fridge; he likes it room temperature, though I prefer everything I drink to be chilled. We therefore have a lot of pint glasses stacked on a shelf and beer in a cupboard. I just chill my glass before I pour.

wineywiney

I'm really not that big on beer, but my boyfriend is and he has a great selection of mugs that he uses to drink out of. I'm not sure of the exact name, but we have a huge college basketball collection of BEER MUGS...