Soda Machine

rayne

Have you seen the new soda machines? Just put in the water, make the bubbles, add the syrup and you have a soda for less than you would buy it from the store. I'm trying to figure a way to use this with wine. Any ideas?

Waynefire

I have seen them and actually was talking about buying it for my kids to get some carbonated juices. However, I was told they are really expensive to operate because the states do not have the carbon recycling in place yet for the carbonation. I think it was on this forum, which there was a topic about this as well, but cannot remember where I seen that information.

Jessi

Yep, I've seen them.

I just got to sample some at a conference demonstration last month. It was really simple and the results tasted good. If you drink a lot of soda, they seemed really worth the price to cut down the cost from buying it from the store. I don't drink much, though, so don't have much use for one.

Since I take advantage of the sales all the time and stock up on soda when it's at rock-bottom prices, I don't think the soda machine would save me much money over the long term. I've been trying to cull out some of my kitchen gadgets, too. There's only so much space.

clarkdart

I have not seen them but it sounds awesome. How large are the machines? Considering I just had a new kitchen built and its not totally complete I might be able to squeeze one in.

Jessi

Most of them are fairly tiny. Not much bigger than a coffee pot in terms of width. Like this one: