Stores that offer wine tasting

wineforme

We have a liquor store near us that has wine tasting quite a lot. I love to try the different wines they have. Does anyone ever see this in your town? Do you try the wine?

BrewChick

Yes, there is a liquor store that does a monthly wine tasting. They also host a bigger event that I have been to one time. They not only introduce you to higher end wines, but they let you sample a lot of affordable ones too. They got me hooked on a white wine that is only about $4 a bottle at Sam's Club.

Apetito

I don't know of a particular liquor store in our area that offers wine tasting regularly, but there is a food and wine tasting event that happens at least once or twice a year. I wasn't able to attend this year's event though.

BrewJen

I'm not aware of one, but I just moved. Perhaps as I become more familiar with the area, I will find one. I've only been to stores with wine tasting while on vacation.

Jessi

We don't have any liquor stores that do that.

I do have a winery nearby, though, and they'll allow you to taste before buying. They're usually pretty good about making recommendations, too.

courtney1985

Wow, we don't have stores that do that either. I wish we did. I love wine and could drink a glass a day. I love it with dinner. What stores do that near North Carolina? Does anyone know? I would love to find one. It would become my new favorite grocery store. I would be willing to even drive over 30 miles for it. That is how much I love wine.

rayne

NC is the place to be evidently. I recently visited a wine shop in Statesville that does everythin Wild has mentioned. They even book an event for you if you can gather enough folks to come. They provide the food and the wine and I'm sure make a good profit off what they sell. My only problem is a designated drive.

edvisual

We have a liquor store near us that has wine tasting quite a lot. I love to try the different wines they have. Does anyone ever see this in your town? Do you try the wine?
Actually we do get to taste the wine before we can buy it and I think this should be implemented in all wine stores

North Carolina has developed so many wineries over the past decade or two, and the industry is growing. We have several wineries within a half day's driving distance that offer tastings. All will certainly let you taste their wares as they are eager to grow their businesses.

Georgie

Most of the wine stores near me offer free wine tastings regularly, plus we have a local vineyard where you get to taste their own wines before you buy. The supermarkets also offer tastings of various alcoholic drinks, usually near Christmas time when they hope to sell a lot.

RobertMcC

We have a vineyard and winery nearby too and they will occasionally have an open house for we locals. They do a very good red wine I do have to say, but it's just sold nearby since it's a small operation.