Sun tea

I am not sure why, but I always feel like tea brewed out in the sun tastes better than that brewed with hot water. I am making some sun tea right now and I can't wait for it to be done. Anyone else big sun tea fans?

TryAnything

I made some the other day. It took us forever to find a nice glass pitcher to use, but after 15 trips to Wal-Mart, we finally found one. Brewing in hot water always gives us this bitter taste and we hate it. We cut the sugar out of our tea a few years ago, so with nothing to cover that taste, we had switched to cold brew tea bags. Those are pretty good, but in my opinion, nothing beats sun tea.

Nicky

I've always like sun tea. It always tastes more "pure" somehow. To me, that's the only to make tea. I still brew some, but the sun tea always tastes better.

clarkdart

We love sun tea and unless we are out at a restaurant that is the only tea we will make at home. The kids caught on to it quick too, they are not into the Kool-Aid or Capri Sun drinks. They prefer sun tea, water, milk or (real) juices only for them.

after 15 trips to Wal-Mart
Wow. :oops:

I still have to find a good pitcher that doesn't leak. I always make it in the glass sun tea pitcher and then pour it into another jug for the refrigerator. Did the one you got leak?

melli

I make sun tea too. Walmart has glass jars for brewing. I bought one last year and it is still good. You are right though, there is a definite difference between sun tea and the ice tea machine.

TryAnything

The one we got from Wal-mart doesn't leak, at least not yet. My mom said she had to replace hers about once every three or four years, if they lasted that long, because the tap would start to leak.

HelenWheels

When I used to live in Arizona we could brew sun tea there pretty fast and it would be almost as hot as regular tea when we made it in the summer. Almost. ;)

I love a nice sun tea. It's wonderful to be able to make something and not have to use electric or gas to do it!

corked

The one-gallon pickle jars are great for making sun tea, if you like that sort of thing. You just need to wash it really well before using it, of course. Whenever I've made it, I just use the jar right in the fridge, rather than putting the tea into something else.

clarkdart

I am a stickler lately on sun tea. I almost always prefer it to be in a glass container rather than a plastic one. For some reason to me it just ends up tasting a million times better.