Surprise sauce

clarkdart

Has anyone here ever bottled surprise sauces for friends and family? We received one the other day from a co-worker of my spouse and the guy is a known prankster. I am not sure if we should pitch it or try it out. He said it "works with anything".

Stalemate

I have never bottled or received any kind of surprise sauce. I would be worried if the guy is a prankster. Maybe you should just taste a bit on your fingertip before you decide to pour it on anything!

melli

Wow! No... with so many allergies out there I would never bottle and give away surprise sauces. I am super picky anyway so if someone gave one to me, I would pitch it.

clarkdart

The allergies is something I did not think of, we are not allergic to any foods in the house (that we know of), the only things that bother us are the normal pollen from trees. Thinking about it now I would worry about it more if we had previous issues with food allergies. I am wondering if I can call up his wife to see what he put in it, without breaking it to him that I know (and not offend him either if it is a legit sauce).

ILoveCoffee

I think you could taste a bit then decide what to do with it. I have never received surprise sauces, and if someone gave me one, I might just discard it. I am not that daring when it comes to food.

GardenGal

The word surprise would make me wonder. I always look at the ingredients label on food I buy at the store. I’d say just ask him what is in it.