Trick For A Red Wine Stain Accident

Here is a great trick I just learned when you have a red wine stain accident.
*To remove a wet red-wine stain, quickly sprinkle salt on it! Then put the item in cold water and try to rub out the stain before washing the fabric.
*Try this to remove red-wine stains from white table linens: Fill a tub with tepid water, add a very small amount of liquid bleach, and dip the spotted portion in the solution. Rub gently with fingers until stain dissolves. Rinse thoroughly.
Any tips on red-wine stains, please share.

Kimberly

Salt is one thing I never thought to use for stain removal. I have heard of the wonders of club soda, when it comes to stain removal. I am not sure though because I never have club soda on hand.

Haakee16

The University of California - Davis did a Red Wine Stain Removal study. Salt does NOT work. Stain Rx (a.k.a. Erado-Sol) was judged the best commercially available product for red wine stains - and it is. Wine Away, Wine Out, salt, white wine and other remidies did not do well. Go see the Helpful Hints section of their website to see what else Stain Rx removes. You can even clean your diamond, gold and platinum jewelry in it! How about blood, iodine, mascara, lipstick, balsamic vinegar, vanilla extract, beet juice, grass, bodily fluids, gravy, tomato sauces...

BrewJen

I've always heard that club soda was the best for red wine stains too; I hadn't heard of salt! It's been a shockingly long time since I've had red wine though, so I haven't had a chance to try these remedies yet. ;)

Thank you for all this information..although salt did work for the red wine stain I had...I will check out the information that you shared.

chris

I hadn't heard about using salt but the club soda trick I have heard of and used. There is nothing worse than getting red wine on a table cloth, carpet or clothes. This seems to work well.