True Framboise

Jason

Charlie Mops wannabe
Staff member
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]6 lb. light malt extract [/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]2 lbs. plain dry wheat malt extract [/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]1/3 oz. ea Saaz, Fuggle, Hallertau [/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]2 cans Oregon Raspberry Puree [/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]1 oz. vanilla extract [/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Wyeast #3278 Lambic Blend [/size][/font]
<LI>[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]3/4 cup corn sugar for priming[/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Boil extract and hops for 2 hours. This is the standard length of boil for Belgian style beer which removes the cheesy characteristics of the aged hops. Belgians age their hops 3 years. Original gravity should be 1048 to 1052. Fill a primary fermenter with cooled wort and pitch yeast and ferment at 63 degrees. After one week add raspberry puree and vanilla to a sterilized carboy and syphon wort on top. This ferment would normally be done in oak but you may add 1/2 to 1 pound oak chips for a few days to one week to achieve an oak flavor. Check the oak flavor periodically to makes sure it’s where you want it. Ferment at 69 degrees for 2 weeks then, 62 degrees for one week. Rack and ferment 3 weeks at 62 degrees. Bottle and age for at least 8 months.[/size][/font]

Tommie

Oh, that sounds yummy. I never imagined raspberry flavor mixed with beer until I saw the post. But, I 'll bet it absolutely fabulous. I'm guessing the raspberry takes over most of the beer flavor in this one. Can't wait ti try it. Thanks for sharing :D

monkeysee

I have a friend who is getting married later this year. She absolutely loves Framboise and I think I will give this a try, because I think it would make a great wedding gift.

Irishgirl

I used to love Framboise, but I have not had it in years. I used to buy it from the wine store down the road when I was in college. I might have to try this making this.