Use Carrots to Sweeten a Sauce

GardenGal

It sounds weird, but if you want to sweeten a spaghetti sauce add diced carrots to it. My husband makes his sauce this way it comes out really tasty.

BrewJen

That doesn't sound weird at all. Carrots have a ton of sugar in them, which is probably why I like them so much. I find spaghetti sauce to be pretty sweet already, though.

brewbaby

That would be a great way to sneak in some veggies, though, if you have those who refuse to eat them. I've grated carrots to add to meatloaf when my kids were little. They didn't even realize they were getting them that way.

RobertMcC

I love carrots, but my wife hates them. If she thought there were carrots in something I made, she would divorce me. :D I may have to try this though. It would be one way to increase our consumption of beta carotene. I love carrots and eat the small ones all of the time for snacks.

I add a lot of veggies to my spaghetti anyways! I make my own sauce from scratch and I don't think that it is ever not sweet! This is a good idea though. I have bought premade sauce back in the day that had diced carrots in it.

GardenGal

I love carrots, but my wife hates them. If she thought there were carrots in something I made, she would divorce me. :D I may have to try this though. It would be one way to increase our consumption of beta carotene. I love carrots and eat the small ones all of the time for snacks.
I love carrots, too. I have to ask – Does your wife like carrot cake? If she hates carrots so much she doesn't like carrot cake, I feel sorry for her. :cool:

melli

This is not something that I do but I am going to now. What an added benefit! Adding carrots will add vitamins and sweetness! I am going to try this over the week. We are planning on having spaghetti on Wednesday.

oldieg

Brilliant! Adding more veggies to my daughters favorite food. Is it because carrots are full of sugar? I didn't know that either. Is it the sugar that is easy to burn off?