Vodka Pasta Sauce

Dolce

I was looking for pasta sauces recipes and I came across this vodka pasta sauce. Not so sure if I would try it out, but just wondering if anyone has ever tried this sauce recipe or a similar one.

Easy Pasta Sauce Recipes | Pasta with Vodka Sauce
Ingredients:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 - 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes with basil
1/2 cup vodka
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup whipping cream
cooked pasta (fettucine, spaghetti or penne all work well)

In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic in the oil for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly, until just beginning to get tender.

Stir in tomatoes, vodka, sugar, salt and pepper. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cream. Heat just until hot.

Serve over cooked pasta with grated parmesan cheese.

Frosty67

I have never made it from scratch but I have had vodka sauce before. It is actually pretty tasty. It doesn't taste like vodka if that is what you are worried about.

Cornelia

This really looks like it might be good actually. :) It has a lot of the ingredients that I like and I'm sure cooking it like this will burn off the alcohol in the Vodka. I might just give it a try and see.

brewgal

The alcohol will definitely burn off before it's done. This sounds like a tasty and easy recipes. Might have to give this one a go, and well I wouldn't want the rest of the vodka to go to waste so I'll have to mix up a drink or two! ;)

boxwood

I know the alcohol burns off before it is done, but I am always to nervous to actually make anything like this. Maybe when the youngest is a little older I won't be so paranoid!

samantha1

I will definitely try this at home. I love pasta but I have never use alcohol for pasta sause. But I drink a lot of wine when I make chicken with wine :) I hope I could do the sause before I got drunk!! :)