Watermelon Wine

Wine&Chese

I have yet to find a decent recipe for watermelon wine, but I would love to try one. Has anyone every tried to make it, or knows someone that has?

Nicky

No, but that sounds interesting. The first thing that came to mind was, it be a kind of citrus taste but not quite. I like the idea of a light tasting wine. Kind of like a clear cola versus the traditional dark cola's.

BrewJen

I haven't seen a recipe for watermelon wine but I bet it could be good. You'd have to be careful though since watermelon is so sweet.

Wine&Chese

Hubby said it would be challenging to find a good recipe since watermelons are so sweet to begin with. He said he doesn't want to experiment with this like he would just about any other flavor so I will have to find a recipe before he will even consider it.

corked

I haven't yet tried making this, but I had found a watermelon wine recipe a few months ago and plan on trying it soon, now that watermelons are ripening in my area. No guarantees, but the author does know what they're talking about. I've tried other recipes from them that came out delicious. Can't seem to link here yet but here's the page: winemaking <dot> jackkeller <dot> net/watermel <dot>asp.

Wine&Chese

I'll have to check that one out. Once we find a good one he wants to try mixing in different flavors, mostly mango watermelon which sounds nasty to me, but he is dead set on it.

That sounds very interesting. I don't know anyone who has made it, nor do I know many people in general who make their own wine, but it is definitely worth trying in this case.

clarkdart

Most of the recipes I have seen for this call for an extreme amount of sugar to be added in and I see no real way to dilute it enough to not rot your teeth out. I really do not think it is possible and if it is, then it is a well know secret recipe.