What kind of chocolate do you buy?

melli

My friend buys her chocolate from the local "savings store". I buy name brand chocolate from the regular grocery store. The ones I buy cost double! I think I am going to switch to the other brand. Do you think it matters?

clarkdart

I think it depends on your taste, some are okay to have and others are not nearly as good as "what you pay for". I prefer white chocolate myself but the wife loves the dark stuff.

Jenks

Chocolate is definitely an instance of you get what you pay for. For instance, there is quite a difference between Lindt or say Hershey's. As there is quite a difference between Hershey's and generic brands. I prefer to stick to "the good stuff". The cheaper ones usually use more sugar and less chocolate.

BrewJen

I tend to buy Hershey's and M&Ms. I know it's technically "lower quality" chocolate but I tend to prefer it to gourmet chocolate. I bought a bar of organic free trade milk chocolate once. It cost me $4 and I didn't even like it much.

ILoveCoffee

I have tried buying store brand chocolate, but I usually found it too sweet or less chocolatey, so I stick to those manufactured by Cadbury, Nestle, Hershey's, and Lindt. Once in a while, I try the organic stuff, and some are pretty good.