Wide mouth jars

melli

Does anyone use wide mouth jars anymore? I was given a bunch of them from my dad. They belonged to my late grandmother. The only problem is I can't find wide mouth lids! Does anyone use them anymore?

BrewJen

I was going to suggest Ball too. Sometimes I see them in Walmart. Are you planning to use them for canning or as drinking glasses?

melli

Canning although I like the idea of drinking glasses too. That would be really "country" and match my theme. I have looked for wide mouth lids at Walmart. They are never there.

BrewJen

I am not into the country look but I have to admit that canning jars make decent water glasses. If you don't see the lids at Walmart, then check out Amazon as Jason suggested. Amazon has pretty much everything.

clarkdart

With the way Amazon has been expanding and setting up new locations I am sure if they do not have everything now, they soon will. We are not country but there is nothing like tea from a jar, it just seems natural.

oldieg

I just bought some at Walmart. I also saw some at Family Dollar. I like to buy my canning items in stores. I hate to pay shipping when I order online.

BrewJen

If you order over $25 from Amazon or if you are a Prime member, shipping is free. It's a lovely perk, especially if you live in a rural areas and various goods are harder to get.