Wine bottle stoppers

HelenWheels

This one is the type that I own. It is not fancy like the one in the photo, but it's an example of the type of bottom that mine has. I don't like it. It's too hard to get into the bottle for a good seal.

These caps look easier to use but I'm not sure how well they will keep the bottle sealed.

I like this one. Again, I don't know how well it functions but I like that it is stainless steel.

Is there any type that is recommended?

BrewJen

I only have a couple wine stoppers that I received as gifts. They are similar to the first ones you linked and I don't care much for them either. Usually we finish the bottle anyway

HelenWheels

True. We usually don't have leftover wine, but there are times that I use it for cooking and I don't need to use the entire bottle.

Allhops

I don't know, we have a manual pump thingy and it has mediocre results. I really like this one I saw on Shark Tank a while back. It was originally named the Wine Balloon, but they changed it to Air Cork. Probably because the name was confusing and didn't sound that appealing.

clarkdart

We have always given stainless as gifts in the past but we don't actually own any. My sister-in-law swears by ones like this and I am not sure how well they work but being that cheap you might be able to get a pack to see how they pan out.

HelenWheels

Those are pretty inexpensive but I wonder how much the vacuum pump is that you need to use along with these kind of stoppers. That would probably be the best way to preserve freshness, to suck all the air from the bottle to prevent oxidation.

clarkdart

I thought you only needed those if you planned to keep the bottle for a long time span. If that is true how long should you wait before you get a vacuum pump?