Yeast prices

arcadefire

The yeast prices went up about 30 cents this week. I checked all the stores and the same is true all around. Is there something going on? Why did the yeast prices suddenly jump like that?

arcadefire

Yeah, but the gas prices are down right now so I do not see how that makes any sense. Maybe there is a higher demand for yeast or something here so they think they can raise the prices??

boxwood

Yeah, but they will go back up. Our yeast prices went up, but only by 10 cents. That makes a little more sense than how much your stores are rising the price. Of course inflation varies depending on where you are in the country.

gits

Everyone will want to blame the high prices of commodities on gas prices and all but I think this is an indicator of the ever rising cost of living. Demand alone cannot be sighted as the sole cause of the rise in prices.

James Dean

The yeast prices went up about 30 cents this week. I checked all the stores and the same is true all around. Is there something going on? Why did the yeast prices suddenly jump like that?
Probably, when the gas prices go up most resources go up. It is not only yeast are going up but also flour and butter. I just checked the prices on my local store two days ago, and they have gone up by 0.20 - 0.40 cents. How I wish oil prices would go low. Basic commodities are very crucial for our survival. I can't even start to think in baking with all the ingredients getting priced very high. Damn those politicians and greedy businessmen!

Gas prices were to blame. The bad thing is like James just said in the post prior to mine, I noticed they went up again. This is just terrible because I use the yeast for brewing, but also for bread making! Talk about hitting me where it hurts!

wineywiney

Gas prices were to blame. The bad thing is like James just said in the post prior to mine, I noticed they went up again. This is just terrible because I use the yeast for brewing, but also for bread making! Talk about hitting me where it hurts!
Has anyone tried buying yeast in Bulk?
I buy mines from Amazon.com. Its pretty reasonable.